Of all the Special Events at Walt Disney World, my absolute favorite is Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party.
The fun beginsÂ TONIGHT at the Magic Kingdom!
“On 19 special nights, holiday revelers can delight during this cheery, family-friendly event. Party-goers embrace the joys of the season â€“ sipping cocoa, catching a ‘snowflake’ and enjoying merry shows, fireworks, carolers and special character meet and greets.”
This after-hours party on select nights between Nov. 8 and Dec. 18, 2011, features a sleigh full of merriment:
- â€¢An enchanting Cinderella Castle adorned with Castle Dream Lights (through Jan.8)
- â€¢ Mickeyâ€™s Once Upon a Christmastime Parade, complete with a special appearance by Santa Claus himself, and for the first time Duffy the Disney Bear.
- â€¢An exclusive holiday fireworks extravaganza â€” Holiday Wishes: Celebrate the Spirit of the Season
- â€¢Live entertainment featuring Disney characters
- â€¢Meet and greet opportunities with favorite Disney characters in Holiday attire, including Phineas & Ferb in Tomorrowland, the Seven Dwarfs in Frontierland and Duffy the Disney Bear in Town Square.
- â€¢Complimentary cookies, apple slices and hot cocoa
- â€¢A magical snow fall on Main Street, U.S.A.
- â€¢Many popular Magic Kingdom attractions open for fun
Mickeyâ€™s Very Merry Christmas Party will take place Nov. 8, 9, 11, 13, 15, 18, 27, 29, 30, Dec. 2, 4, 6, 7, 9, 11, 13, 14, 16 and 18, 2011, from 7 p.m. until midnight. Day-of-event pricing is $62.95 and $57.95 for ages 3 to 9. Savings of $6 per ticket are available if tickets are purchased in advance. Visit Disneyworld.com/holidays.
There are so many wonderful things about the Party that I enjoy. For starters, Cinderella Castle is decorated in breathtaking Dream Lights.
I really love Mickey’s Once Upon A Christmastime Parade which features many beloved characters and is complete with a visit from Santa Claus himself. One of my favorite parts of the parade is when the toy soldiers come marching by.
Â The Holiday Wishes fireworks are mesmerizing. I especially enjoy cookies eating Christmas cookies and sipping hot cocoa while strolling down Main Street in the falling snow. Some of my favorite memories of Disney in recent years are from Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party.
I’m so excited to be bringing my family to the Disney World in just a few short weeks and Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party is on the agenda. It promises to be a magical night!