My 7 year old daughter had to write an “All About” book in First Grade. She got to choose the topic and had to include a lot of specific details. Naturally, she chose to write “All About Disney Rides”. She brought her very first book home this week and it is definitely a keepsake. I especially enjoyed reading from her perspective, discovering the details that stand out for her on each ride.
Above each page I am typing out what she wrote, but not correcting spelling/grammar errors. At this age, that’s part of what makes it so adorable
1. “Disney Rides” – “My favorite ride is…Big Thunder. In Big Thunder you can see the castl. On lazy raft ride you can get realy wet. On Rockin roller coaster it is pitch black and it go’s sooper fast.”
2. “Lazy Raft Ride” (Kali River Rapids) – “On lazy raft rides you can get wet. Lazy raft rides you spin. You get into a yellow circle.”
3. “Big Thunder” – “On Big Thunder there are lots of turns. On Big Thunder there are lots of hills. Do you know how most of the Rides are inside? Big Thunder is outside.”
4. “Rockin Roller Coaster” – “On Rockin Roller Coaster you go super fast. In Rockin Roller Coaster it is pitch black. It is very very very scary.”
5. “Splash Mountin – “On Splash Mountin they sing a song. On Splash Mountin you get in to a log. You go down a hill that is 20 feet down. You get soaking wet.”
Note the “la la la la” singing in the first photo…so cute!
I hope you’ve enjoyed learning “All About Disney Rides” through the eyes of my 7 year old.