Sharing weekly tips that will save you time, money or simply make life easier on your upcoming Walt Disney World vacation.
If you consider your pet one of your children, and you can’t imagine going on vacation to Disney without them, then this tip is for you! Did you know Walt Disney World has a luxury pet care facility? Best Friends Pet Care offers VIP luxury suites for pets. In addition to bedtime stories, dogs can enjoy DVD entertainment and TV shows like â€œAnimal Planet,â€ as well as ice-cream treats made especially for dogs.
The one-of-a-king facility opened on September 1, 2010. It is a 27,000-square-foot luxury facility complete with doggie suites, cat condos and special accommodations for pocket pets.
The resort, which has a total of more than 50,000 square feet of indoor and outdoor space, was built to accommodate 270 dogs, 30 cats, as well as pocket pets including hamsters and guinea pigs.
The services offered at the resort are “designed to create a fun and comfortable environment for all pets.Â Dogs staying overnight and accustomed to curling up with a child for bedtime stories will be all ears when they settle down for staff-read ‘tuck-in’ tales.Â Discriminating cats with a taste for tuna can get their own custom treats.Â TVs are tuned to favorite pet films like ‘Milo and Otis’ or ‘Homeward Bound.”
In addition to overnight services, guests also can board pets by day and take advantage of services like the resortâ€™s doggy day camp and grooming services.
Best Friends Pet Careâ€™s luxury pet resort includes:
- 17,000 square feet of air-conditioned indoor space
- 10,000 square feet of covered outdoor runs and play areas
- A full-service grooming salon with lobby view
- Two 1,100-square-foot doggy-day-camp rooms opening onto a play-yard
- A 25,000-square-footÂ Â private, nature-scapedÂ dog park with water-play area and protected trail
- Accommodations for 270 dogs in standard and luxury indoor-outdoor suites.Â Oversized luxury suites include raised bedding (hop up Fido!) and TVs
- A separate â€œKitty Cityâ€ pavilion accommodating up to 30 cats in â€œpurr-fectâ€ two- and four-story cat condos
- A special room for boarding of pocket pets that include birds and hamsters
For more information and to make reservations, visit www.wdw.bestfriendspetcare.com or call 877/4-WDW-PETS.
** Note: Pets are welcome in select Full Hook-up campsites at Disney’s Ft. Wilderness Campground for an additional charge of $5.00 per day. Pets are not permitted in the Cabins at Ft. Wilderness or in non-designated loops. When making your reservation, you must request a pet site. Please call 407-W-DISNEY to make your reservations for Ft. Wilderness.