Taken from a facebook “assignment”, I filled in 26 things about me that people may or may not know.
1. I first met my husband on my 26th birthday, when I hired him to work at the Front Desk at Northstar-at-Tahoe. It wasn’t until a year later that we started dating…we became best friends first. 🙂 We started to date after he took me out to teach me to golf (I still haven’t figured out how to do that very well).
2. I am the incredibly blessed mom of 5 beautiful children. My family is my everything. My life and my world revolve around them and I wouldn’t have it any other way. I often cry “happy tears” just thinking of my children and Steve and the joys they have brought to my life…I don’t know what I would ever do without them. 🙂
3. Steve and I were married at Portland Head Light(house) because I have always held a very special place in my heart for lighthouses. We chose this one for several reasons–it was in Maine and allowed for most of my family to go and my Meme who passed away in ’98 used to go there often. I felt close to her there, knowing she was smiling down on me.
4. I used to travel up and down the Oregon coast, alone, exploring the lighthouses.
5. I love daisies and lilacs.
6. I loved to hike amongst waterfalls, especially in the Columbia River Gorge in Oregon. Unfortunately, I screwed up my knee and I can’t do it anymore without significant pain. 🙁
7. I worked on the Las Vegas strip in a Hotel, and that experience opened doors to hotels in Oregon and Lake Tahoe. It was a career I truly enjoyed (but the 60+ hours a week wasn’t conducive to family life).
8. I dream weekly of going back to college to complete the nursing degree I first started while still a senior in High School (dual enrollment).
9. I went to college on a Pre-Med scholarship, I was going to be a pediatrician. Instead, I have my own 5 little patients to take care of every day.
10. I’ve lived in Maine, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Florida, Oregon & Nevada…and have visited 41 of the states so far. I especially love the National Parks.
11. I dream of traveling the world, starting with the Caribbean.
12. Steve and I rode 28 miles on bikes in Maui, starting at the sunrise at the 6500 foot level of Haleakala Crater downhill. We saw the West Maui mountains and the South Maui coast, through Maui’s small upcountry communities of Makawao, Hailiimaile and Paia. It was an amazing experience. On this same trip, we snorkled amongst thousands of tropical fish.
13. I have a Disney World obsession, and I fund the trips by selling on eBay.
14. Steve proposed to me on a horse-drawn carriage in Central Park, NY.
15. I love watching Patriots football games…I plan my winter Sunday’s around them. However, you generally couldn’t pay me to watch any other football teams play.
16. I love coffee ice-cream, but hate coffee.
17. I was born with bright orange hair.
18. I went to 8 different schools in grades K-12. For this reason, my children will grow up in one school district. Stability and the sense of home are incredibly important to me.
19. I went to private boarding school. I hated it enough to get myself kicked out.
20. I have 5 brothers.
21. Steve and I have been married 9.5 years and since our honeymoon and moving East, we’ve never spent a night alone without the kids.
22. When I feel that I am at the end of my rope, I drive to Chapoquoit Beach and watch the sunset.
23. I can still do a cartwheel.
24. I love to paint landscapes, and someday hope to have the free time to do it again.
25. I can create and decorate a cake to look like almost anything…drawing the item free-handed. I especially love to draw Disney characters.
26. I can ski and snowboard. I enjoy both equally, but my knee doesn’t allow me to very often.
oops…that was 26 😉